RARE AFC PILOTS GROUPING
Three: 1914/15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal. All three correctly impressed to 1507 DVR C. A. ALISON 8/A.S.C. A.I.F. on star and 2/LIEUT. On pair.
Colin Archibald Alison Enlisted in the 301st Motor Transport A.S.C. on the18th September 914
Seldom seen 1914/15 Star earned whilst serving as part of the A.I.F. in France (not Gallipoli)
18th September 1917 marched in at the rank as sergeant from France to be attached to the Australian Flying Corps training depot England
On the 4th of January 1918 he joined Number 2 Royal Flying Corps School of Aeronautics as a cadet to qualify as a Pilot
Taken on strength in 8th Squadron Australian Flying Corps as a pilot on the 5th May 1918
29th June 1918 made 2/Lieutenant as a result of graduated as a Flying Officer (Pilot) with his Commanding Officer stating, “A very good pilot, will make a good officer”.
To graduate category “A” which Alison did a pupil must have
1. Undergone instruction at a school of Aeronautics
2. Completed 25 hours Solo and Dual
3. Attained Flying Standard “V” on an elementary machine
4. Flown a Graduation Aeroplane satisfactorily
5. Climbed to 10,000 feet, remained there for at least 15 minutes, after which he will land with his engine stopped, the aeroplane first touch the ground and coming to a halt within a marked circle 150 yards in diameter
6. Passed the following tests:-
(a) Formation Flying. Satisfactorily maintained his position in formation flights for a total of four hours
(b) Forced landings. Four forced landings in fields not forming part of Aerodrome
(c) Cloud Flying. While taking full control of machine remained three minutes in clouds with instructor.
(d) Aerial Gunnery. While diving at a ground target taken two successful photographs of the target from 1500 feet or under.
5th October 1918 on Command at R.A.F. Fighting School Harske from 8th Squadron A.F.C
1st March 1919 appointment terminated 2nd Military District ex “Marsina”
Note: The rarity of any AFC pilots group to the market can be fully appreciated in the fact only 410 Australians served as Pilots during WW1 in the Australian Flying Corps.
VF + $2400
Shipping and Returns
- Flat rate shipping for all orders. $10 AUD to ship within Australia, $25 AUD for international shipping.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in USA, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.